Whether you have dentures or you have only begun looking at your options when it comes to tooth replacement, you have probably heard that dental implants in Spring Lake are your best option. However, you may also find yourself concerned about the initial cost. They don’t appear to be the most affordable option, so you want to make sure they are worth the cost first. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of dental implants so that you can make the decision for yourself.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are popular because they have so many benefits. Here are some of the most prominent ones:
- Increased Comfort: Dentures don’t feel exactly like your natural teeth. They shouldn’t be causing you any pain, but they aren’t the most comfortable thing in the world. Once dental implants completely heal, you will notice that they feel so similar, you may even forget that they aren’t natural.
- Easier to Maintain: You may need to stock up on adhesives and soaking solutions so you can keep your dentures in optimal shape. As for implants, you just need to care for them how you would with your natural teeth. Just brush, floss, rinse, and visit your dentist for regular cleanings and checkups.
- No Eating Restrictions: You will need to stick to softer foods until your implants completely heal, but afterwards, anything is fair game. Dental implants restore up to 90% of your chewing power, so there is no need to put restrictions on your menu.
- Long-Lasting: Dentures and other tooth replacement options need to be repaired and replaced periodically, but dental implants can last upwards of 25 years or even the rest of your life with proper care. You may never have to worry about your missing teeth again.
- Prevent Bone Deterioration: Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option out there that replace the root of the missing tooth, therefore stimulating the jawbone with regular chewing. This prevents the jawbone from shrinking over time.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Cost?
The cost of dental implants is a common concern amongst people who are considering their tooth replacement options. It isn’t a secret the implants are quite an investment, but you need to remember that you are investing in your oral health. There are even things that you will save on in the long run when you invest in dental implants. For example, you won’t be needing to stock up on adhesives and soaking tablets. There is also no need for routine repairs and replacements. Ultimately, many patients find that getting their smile back is priceless.
If you are still unsure about whether or not dental implants are worth the cost, discuss it with your dentist. This way, you can find out whether or not you would make a good candidate for the procedure. You will have your smile back in no time!
About the Author
Dr. Edward J. Dooley is an experienced dentist who has been working in the field for nearly four decades. After earning his dental doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Dental Medicine, he served at a Dental Officer in the Navy. Currently, he is a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. For more information on dental implants or to schedule a consultation at his office, visit his website or call (972) 495-8100.