When a patient discovers they have a food allergy, the obvious thing to do is eliminate that food choice from their diet. Continuous exposure to substances that your body does not agree with could create symptoms like nausea, itching, and abnormal body pain.
The same principle can be applied to dentistry. Many patients have a metallic sensitivity, making it difficult for them to receive the dental restorations that they need to protect their smiles—like amalgam tooth fillings in Wall Township. Thankfully, most dentists offer tooth-colored fillings! And not to mention, look much more attractive than dark, attention-grabbing metal fillings.
The 411 on Tooth-Colored Fillings
In early dentistry, many dental professionals would turn to silver fillings for their durability and ability to seal the tooth from decay. This approach is still used in modern dentistry, but it’s not as common. Instead, many dentists rely on tooth-colored fillings.
A tooth-colored filing may also be known as a white filling or a composite resin filling. The dental material that makes up these fillings is 100% mercury-free, making it the perfect filling option for patients with allergies to metal materials.
Reasons for a Tooth-Colored Filling
You may need a tooth-colored filling in Wall Township because of cavities caused by tooth decay. There are a few other reasons that your dentist may recommend getting a filling.
- Fractured teeth
- Loss of tooth structure
- Tooth discoloration
- Replacing older fillings
Love Your Smile Again with Tooth-Colored Fillings
Though metal fillings are effective at treating dental cavities, they can lead to future dental problems. Consider all the benefits of a tooth-colored filling before choosing which dental restoration option is best for you.
- Improved confidence by restoring your smile to a cavity-free appearance.
- Your teeth are safer because composite resin does not expand and contract with temperature differences like metal fillings.
- Unlike metal fillings, tooth-colored fillings require less amounts of your natural teeth to be removed for placement.
- Composite resin has an intimate relationship between your teeth and your body, making it easy to bond and acclimate to compared to foreign metals.
- Your tooth-colored fillings are custom shaded to perfectly match your surrounding teeth.
- Composite resin will not change colors or discolor your surrounding teeth like metal fillings, no matter how long you have them.
- Tooth-colored fillings are long-lasting and durable with the proper dental care.
If you’re feeling unusual sensitivity, schedule an appointment with your dentist right away. Your dentist is here to help re-stabilize teeth.
Meet your Dentist
Dr. Edward J. Dooley has a commitment to providing his patients with excellence in dental care. After being passionate about providing exceptional dental care for so many years, dental issues like cavities and fillings come as second nature. Dooley Dental is the office to call if you’re seeking the highest level of care for your smile. Meet Dr. Dooley during a scheduled appointment by calling (732) 820-4291.